LACRC were formed in 2018 and are a small but growing club affiliated to the Scottish Coastal Rowing Association. The SCRA is the National Governing body for the Fixed Seat Rowing in Scotland and is the Class Association for the St Ayles Skiff.
Loch Awe Coastal rowing is just one of over 70 SCRA member clubs and is proud to be part of a dynamic and fast growing social and competitive sport in Scotland and with clubs and skiffs being built and enjoyed in home and European waters and even as far afield as Tasmania.
Here’s what we do
- Row locally on Loch Awe for quieter social or training rows;
- Tow the boat to the coast and row anywhere from Oban north and around the islands for longer expedition rows;
- As a charity we promote the club to the wider community and welcome members from 16 to 100 of any sex and fitness level;
- Welcome non rowers who may want to help with the maintenance and upkeep of Cruachan or join any non rowing club activities;
- Enjoy being part of a club which is fun, adventurous, inexpensive, and safe.